Welcome to eZo! We’re excited you’re joining us but before you start using eZo, we would ask that you read through and accept our terms and conditions. We’ve tried to explain it all without using too much jargon, so that it’s clear what we expect from you and what you can expect from us.
To help make things easier, we have summarised our terms into key sections and explained what each refers to. It is important you understand that these are your legal rights and obligations, so please do read everything. If you don’t agree to our terms then unfortunately you cannot use our app and services.
If you still have questions or comments after you’ve read these terms, please contact the eZo Support team to get in touch. We’d love to help!
Last Updated: 21 March 2023
In order to subscribe to eZo and use our App and services you must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Service, before becoming an eZo User.
When you see a word in bold, it will have the same corresponding meaning every time it’s used within these terms of service.
1. You and eZo: When we say you or your, we mean both you and any entity or firm you’re authorised to represent. When we say eZo, we, our or us, we’re talking about the eZo service you contract with and pay fees to create a subscription. eZo is a Trade name of eZo eCommerce Limited (Reg.No NI688798 and VAT No. GB) registered in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
2. Our services: Our services consist of all the services we provide now or in the future under the name of “eZo” or "eZo eCommerce".
3. Creating a subscription: When you create a subscription to use our services and accept these terms, you become a subscriber. If you’re the subscriber, you’re the one responsible for paying for your subscription and the main point of contact for all communications.
4. The right to use our services: You will have access to use our services for as long as the subscriber continues to pay for the subscription, until the subscription is cancelled or it is terminated.
5. Using our Themes: eZo provides a free HubSpot CMS theme "eZo Essentials" which is required in order to use eZo's Product, Shop and Cart pages. You may also use the eZo Essentials theme to style the other pages on your website in order to avail of eZo's range of additional modules throughout your website. Alternatively, you may decide to use an alternative theme of your own choosing to style the non-store related pages on your website. The eZo Essentials Theme is licensed to users for a single use on one website only. You are not permitted to transfer or sell it, or any part of it. Multiple stores/ websites will require multiple downloads of eZo with each download subject to a separate fee. We reserve the right to amend the functionality of eZo themes at any time.
6. Using our Email: The eZo app can send notification emails to both you (the seller) and your customers. At present there are no additional charges to send these transactional emails, however, eZo reserves the right to introduce an additional fee should we deem the number of emails being sent excessive. We may also employ certain controls to scan the content of emails you deliver to limit spam, phishing, or other malicious content. By using our email services, you agree to us doing this.
7. Rules: When you sign up to eZo you agree to use our services and to adhere to our user guidelines and terms & conditions. Please make sure you read and understand what you can and cannot do.
8. Your responsibilities: There are some key things we ask you to comply with:
9. What we own: We own the rights to everything associated with eZo, including the logo, design, development code, copyrighted works and other intellectual property, unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by other third parties. As an eZo user you agree not to copy, distribute or modify any of our content or use any of our intellectual property rights in any way without our written permission.
In order to use our services you will need to sign up and pay for a subscription based on the pricing of the plan you select, unless you’re in a free trial or an offer period. The pricing details of your subscription are explained when you select your subscription plan, but there are some important things you need to be aware of.
10. eZo pricing plans: Your use of our services requires you to pay a monthly or annual Subscription Fee based on your subscription type (the Subscription Fee). We may update or amend the pricing plan from time to time. The terms of the pricing plan form part of these terms. As with any other changes to our terms, changes to the pricing plan will not apply retrospectively and, if we make changes and you are a subscriber, we will make every effort to let you know as quickly as possible. For information on the different pricing plans, check out the eZo pricing page. Depending on your region, Subscription Fees may be inclusive or exclusive of transactional taxes where relevant (e.g. VAT), and will be reflected in the pricing plan.
11. How you pay Subscription Fees: A valid credit card payment method is required for all accounts. You will be billed for your Subscription Fees every 30 days on your billing date unless you have selected to pay for an annual subscription plan which will be billed every 12 months. All Subscription fees will be charged to your chosen payment method. If we are not able to process payment and payment is unsuccessful, we may freeze your account and access to all eZo services. We will continue to charge the authorised payment method for applicable Subscription Fees until the Services are terminated, and any and all outstanding Subscription Fees have been paid in full. Unless otherwise indicated, all Subscription Fees and other charges are in US dollars, and all payments shall be in US currency.
12. Taxes for your use of our services: You are responsible for paying all applicable taxes and other external fees levied as a result of your subscription to eZo’s services. We will calculate tax using the tax rates that apply based on the billing address you provide to us. These amounts are in addition to the fees billed to your authorised payment method. We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, which may be used for tax purposes. This means location information you give us must be accurate for tax residency purposes. If you are not charged Taxes by us, you are responsible for determining if Taxes are payable, and if so, self-remitting Taxes to the appropriate tax authorities in your jurisdiction.
13. Additional services: Depending on how you use our services, you may be able to take advantage of additional services which may incur an additional fee such as using one of our paid for website themes. Don’t worry we will let you know about any additional fees before you sign up for a new service. These fees are charged in additional to the Subscription Fees and will be billed to your authorised payment method.
14. Making timely payments: In order to continue using our services, you will need to make timely payments based on the pricing plan you have selected. To avoid delayed or missed payments, please make sure we have accurate payment information stored for your account. If we do not receive timely payments, we may suspend access to your subscription until the payment is made and your account is up to date.
We may also charge an Admin Fee if you pay late. If a payment is cancelled, cannot be taken due to insufficient funds, or has been refused by Stripe, a reminder email will be sent to you requesting the outstanding payment. This can be paid from your original payment method, or by credit card. If the funds have not been received within five days of the due date, a $25 Admin Fee will be charged. At this stage, the subscription will go on hold until the balance is paid. If payment is not received within five working days, a further email will be sent advising you that if outstanding funds are not received we reserve the right to pass your details over to our chosen debt collection agency to enable us to recover the costs. This email will represent the final demand for payment. Additional charges may apply in this instance. We reserve the right to alter the frequency of notification emails and when they are sent.
15. Disputing Billing: It is your obligation to review all invoices in respect of Subscription Fees. You have 30 days from the date of an invoice to notify us in writing, that you dispute the charges. Failure to do so within the specified time frame will determine that you accept that all charges are valid and you waive any claims you may have had regarding such charges.
16. Subscription Upgrades: If you decide to upgrade your subscription plan, the new pricing will take immediate effect from the date you sign up and this will become your new billing date.
17. Subscription Downgrades: If you decide to downgrade your subscription plan, the downgrade will take effect on the commencement of the next renewal period.
It is important to note that there will be no refund of any Subscription Fees for the higher priced subscription plan. We do not provide credits or refunds on downgrades that are effective during the applicable billing period (whether the period is a month or year).
18. Modifications to Service and Prices: Prices for using our services are subject to change. We may provide notice at any time by posting the changes to the eZo website or by notifying subscribers by email. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service and may change or discontinue the service at anytime.
As an eZo user it is important that you understand how you can (and can’t) use our App and services and that you agree to these guidelines before signing up as a user.
19. Feedback: We enjoy receiving ideas and feedback regarding improvements or additions to our app and services. We reserve the right to use this in whole or in part to develop new functionality or features for eZo. If you submit such Feedback to eZo you waive any rights or ownership relating to this feedback and your ideas.
20. Help using our services: We may provide useful guidance and technical support to help you use our app and services. You agree to use our services only for lawful business purposes and in line with the instructions and guidance we provide.
21. Beta services: There may be occasions when we invite you to use, on a trial basis, pre-release or beta features that are in development and not yet available to all users. You use these services at your own risk.
22. Limitations: Some of our services may be subject to limits such as the countries you can select for shipping purposes. We are continuously improving our services but there may be occasions when the subscription does not have a provision for certain items and we cannot be held accountable for these limits. We also reserve the right to limit or withdraw specific functionality within eZo at any time.
23. Action we may take: We reserve the right to modify, cancel or refuse the services for any reason, without notice at any time. Not all services and features are available in every jurisdiction and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
24. Unacceptable behaviour: As a user of eZo you agree that you will not:
25. Third Party Rights: Only “You” and “Us” have any rights under these Terms of Service.
26. Intellectual Property: We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the information and materials which you provide to the eZo Service. Anything you upload remains your property and remains your responsibility.
To help make your eZo experience as easy as possible to set up and use, eZo has used some third party Apps (web based computer applications) and API’s. Whilst this is a small part of our service, it is important you understand when third party services are being used.
27. Other services: Some of our services, such as our payment functionality are available through other companies services, such as Stripe. These companies may have additional terms that apply to you and it’s important you familiarise yourself with these.
28. Third-party products: Along with the use of our services, you may use data, services and apps from other companies (third-party products), for example, those we make available in our app. Any third party providing a third-party product is a provider and is independent of us, so please be aware that a provider may also charge you fees in addition to what you pay us.
29. Use of data: If you use Third Party Services on the eZo platform, you permit us to send your data to those services. If you use Third Party Services you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so you will need to get advice beforehand. We are not responsible for third party services so you use them at your own risk.
eZo uses your data in order to provide our App and services to you. Our “privacy notice" is an important part of these terms and describes in more detail how we deal with personal data, such as your name, email address and payment details.
30. Use of data: When you enter or upload your data into our app, we do not own that data but you grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, analyse, and back up all data you submit to us through our services. This includes personal data of yourself and others to enable you to use our services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our services; create new services; communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information we think may be of interest to you based on your marketing preferences. Please note that at this time eZo does not save any specific information or data relating to your products, orders or customers on our servers as this information is saved in your own HubSpot portal for your own business use.
32. Use of personal data you enter about others: Depending on where your contacts are based, our data processing terms may also apply to the personal data of others (such as your customers, suppliers and employees) that you enter into the eZo app.
33. Anonymised statistical data: When you use our app and services, we may create anonymised statistical data from your data and usage of our services. Once anonymised, we may use the data for our own purposes, such as to provide and improve our services, to develop new services or product offerings, to identify business trends.
34. Data breach notifications: If we think there has been unauthorised access to personal data inside your subscription, we will let you know and give you information about what has happened. Depending on the nature of the unauthorised access, and the location of your affected contacts, you may be required to assess whether the unauthorised access must be reported to the contact and/or a relevant authority. We think you're best placed to make this decision, because you will have the most knowledge about the personal data stored in your subscription.
35. Retention of your data: Once a subscription is terminated by you or us, it is archived and the data submitted or created by you is no longer available to you. We may also retain it for a reasonable period of time consistent with our data retention policy, during which, as a subscriber, you can reactivate your subscription and once again access your data by paying the Subscription Fees.
We are careful to take precautions to protect and respect your confidential information and expect that you will do the same for our information.
36. Keeping it confidential: While using our services, you may share confidential information with us, and you may become aware of confidential information about us. You and we both agree to take reasonable steps to protect the other party’s confidential information from being accessed by unauthorised individuals. You or we may share each other’s confidential information with legal or regulatory authorities if required to do so.
We take security seriously and strive to protect our services and your data at all times.
37. Security safeguards: While we’ve taken steps to help protect your data, no method of electronic storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security. We will notify you if there appears to be unauthorised access to your account and we may also restrict access to certain parts of our services until you verify that access was by an authorised user.
38. Playing your part to secure your data: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, not letting any other person use them, and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. If you realise there has been any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security to your account or email address linked to your account, you will need to let us know immediately.
This section is important as it outlines liability terms between us and our subscribers. Please read it closely and in full as you must accept these terms before using our services.
39. You indemnify us: You agree to indemnify us against all losses (including indirect and consequential losses), costs (including legal costs), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third-party claim against us relating to your use of our services or any third-party product (except as far as we’re at fault) or any other breach of these Terms of Service.
40. Disclaimer of warranties and representation: Our services and all third-party products are made available to you on an “as is” basis which means your use of eZo Services is at your sole risk. Service is “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties or representations express or implied, including any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
41. Limitation of liability: Other than liability that we can’t exclude or limit by law, our liability to you in connection with our services or these Terms of Service, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
42. Action we can take: We reserve the right to modify, cancel or refuse the services for any reason, without notice at any time. Not all services and features are available in every jurisdiction and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. We also reserve the right to withdraw a specific feature(s) or app functionality at any time.
43. Third Party Rights: Only “You” and “Us” have any rights under these Terms of Service.
You can terminate your eZo subscription by contacting eZo Support with one month’s written notice. We may terminate your subscription as well with the same notice period. If you violate these Terms of Service, we may suspend or terminate your subscription immediately and any unpaid monies will become due.
Once your eZo subscription has been cancelled you will no longer be able to access the App and you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Subscription Fees.
44. Subscription period: Your subscription continues for the period covered by the Subscription Fee and is payable monthly or annually depending on your chosen eZo plan. At the end of each billing period, these terms automatically continue for a further period of the same duration as the previous one, provided you continue to pay the subscription fee in accordance with the pricing plan. You may choose to terminate your subscription at any time by providing one month's written notice in advance. If your final termination day falls within a new subscription period you will be liable to pay the relevant subscription fees for all of this new subscription period. For more information, including on how to terminate your subscription, please contact eZo support.
45. Termination by eZo: We may choose to terminate your subscription at any time by providing you with one month's written notice in advance. We may also terminate or suspend your subscription or access to all or any data immediately if:
46. No refunds: We do not provide refunds which means if you cancel your eZo subscription before the subscription period has expired, you will not receive a payment for the days you are not using the service. Subscription Fees are based on the Services purchased, regardless of actual usage and are non-refundable. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial days, months or years and do not provide refunds to you whether or not you have logged in or used the Services.
Hopefully any complaints can be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction by contacting eZo’s Customer Support Team. However if your complaint is still not resolved we will endeavour to instigate further action to resolve the dispute.
We want to ensure our services are kept updated and secure at all times but there may be occasions when we need to make changes, which may impact your access to our App and services.
47. Availability: We are focused on providing online help and support, during business hours 9am - 5pm GMT. There may be times when we need to perform maintenance on our services, and this may require a period of downtime which we will try to minimise. If planned maintenance is being undertaken, we will try to notify you in advance but cannot guarantee it.
48. Access issues: There may be occasions when you might not be able to access our services and your data in circumstances beyond our control, for example the internet going down.
49. Data loss: There is always a risk of losing data so you’re responsible for maintaining copies of your data entered into our app and services.
50. No compensation: Whatever the cause of any downtime, access issues or data loss, your only recourse is to discontinue using our app and services.
51. Problems and support: If you have a problem, you can contact our eZo support team who will do their best to resolve your issue.
52. Modifications: There may be occasions when we will need to release new updates, modifications and enhancements to our app and services, and in some cases discontinue features. If this happens we will do our best to contact you quickly by email to inform you of these changes.
Finally we have set out some additional terms below. Please take time to read them as they cover important issues which you need to agree to.
53. Email Communication: If you are wanting to inform us of any changes to do with your eZo subscription your must send all emails to email@example.com. If we need to send you any updates we will use the email address you’ve provided us through your subscription - so its really important you keep your contact details up to date.
54. Events outside our control: There may be occasions when events outside our control impact our services which you subscribe to. If this is the case we are not liable to you for any failure or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms.
55. Blocking your access, disabling your subscription, or refusing to process a payment: We may block your access, terminate your subscription, or refuse to process a payment if we reasonably believe there’s a risk - such as a potential breach of a law or regulation - associated with you, your company, your subscription, or a payment. Examples of where we might do this include transactions where the payment is from a sanctioned person or country. You use of eZo is on the understanding that you are not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned persons list. We may also block users from a country if we cannot receive payments from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments. We may take any of these actions without notice.
56. Fair Use
58. Export limitations: You must not use our services in violation of any export or trade embargo laws that apply to you.
59. Changes to these terms: We are always striving to make eZo better! There will be times when we will need to amend these Terms of Service. But don’t worry, changes won’t apply retrospectively. You can keep track of changes to our Terms of Service by referring to the version and the date last updated on the document. Generally, we will try to to provide you with 30 days’ notice of material changes before they become effective, unless we need to make immediate changes for reasons we don’t have control over. When we notify you, we will do it either by email or by posting an update on our website. If you find a modified term unacceptable, you may terminate your subscription, as per our normal cancellation procedure.
60. Governing Law: These Terms of Service are governed by Northern Irish law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the App and services in the Northern Irish courts.
61. Complete Agreement: If we choose not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that we give up that right later. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms of Service, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not contact you but we continue to provide the App and services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
It is important you understand that these Terms of Service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and eZo do not apply if they conflict with these terms.
Thank you for reading our Terms of Service!
If you do not understand something or would like to discuss any aspect of our Terms of Service, please get in touch.